About Digital Moments
In the fall of 2012, I decided to start a new project: a series of digital moments documenting my daily practices.
A digital moment is a “Sara” minute; it’s roughly 60 seconds, give or take a few seconds. In other words, it’s not exactly a minute long.
While I wasn’t always the greatest at following the same structure for each video, I tried to be fairly consistent with these mini-digital stories.
Purpose of Project
- To practice crafting stories everyday
- To document my daily life and, through the process of documenting it, learn how to pay more attention to it
- To experiment with the iPhone and iMovie
- To have a reason to listen to and use Room 34’s music
- To create something
- Shot with iPhone 4S
- Edited on iMovie app for the iPhone in about 15 minutes
- Includes very little dialogue
- Primarily shot outside
- Uses, almost exclusively, music from Room 34 archive